Pop Up

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Powered By EXEIdeas

Friday, 22 August 2014

Day of National Mourning



I had plans to post something fun yesterday, but decided not to as we prepare to receive our Malaysian souls who were brutally killed in a tragedy last month. One of the 20 remains of MH17 victims which were flown back home on the Day of National Mourning, is that of MAS stewardess, Angeline Premila Rajandran. The Klang-born stewardess is described by our mutual friends as a genuine dog lover who treats her pet as her own child...



Couple of days after the tragedy, The Star even got in touch with her brother and reported this story. It gave me goosebumps:

Angeline Premila’s final message to her family was: “Look after my dog Lexi.” The 30-year-old air stewardess, who was one of those who perished in the MH17 tragedy, was an animal lover and her brother Murphy Govind, 29, described her as the pet’s “mother”.

Murphy said Angeline Premila sent the message minutes before boarding the ill-fated flight from Amsterdam.

It feels like she knew something after all... :"

Angeline's Lexi. She must be
sorely missing her mummy.

I hope when the time comes, the furkid and the parent will be reunited over the rainbow bridge and they would live happily ever after again.

My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone on board the ill-fated flight, their families and friends. I can not imagine what they are going through now. And while we're at it on this Day of National Mourning, I would like to take this day to remember EVERYONE who had been affected by the loss of someone in their lives. Those who perished on flight, on road, while working in the oil palm plantation, those who died due to illnesses, while giving birth, those who perished in various accidents, those who were killed in crimes, those who died while serving for the country, and many more. I think it is important for us to remember that someone has suffered with every single passing of their loved ones. Regardless whether they could afford a flight ticket or not, today we remember every departed soul and their families, without being selective. As I sit here today, I'm greatly humbled by the finality of death. I hope I could use my brief journey on earth, to do good, love and make someone's life better. Today we are united and humbled in grief!

....RIP.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment