Pop Up

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Powered By EXEIdeas

Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Election Post: Our Leaders Are Our Masters


The election fever has been gripping the nation for several weeks now, and most netizens have been swept by its hype and excitement. The anticipation leading up to the ‘big day’ is just like waiting for a fierce final football match in the World Cup. It gives you a sense of ‘anything can happen.’  Nevertheless in this case, unlike a football match, you have the power to determine the outcome.

I’m not campaigning for any political party.  After all why should we even be emotionally attached to any party, when politicians themselves hop in and out of the parties they had previously declared their unconditional love for?  If you were to be emotionally attached to something, then it is to the wellbeing of our motherland, Malaysia. Not parties.


One of Gandhi's evergreen quote is my favourite. It reflects the future of our nation....

As an animal lover, there is one thing that concerns me. Not many have questioned it, maybe they thought it is the norm. The election manifestos of both parties had no mention about safeguarding the welfare of the animals. No matter which side you’re on, this is a matter of great significance. Abolishing the toll and giving rebate for smartphones aside.., What about caring for the voiceless souls that we share our earth with? I can make a mental projection of what Gandhi actually meant. Imagine..if your leader is one who is truly concerned for the welfare of animals, what a selfless person he can be..If animals are placed in elevated pedestals of care, just imagine the state of the people in this country. Imagine the undivided care the people will get.

In fact it's not an uphill task. It takes just one government to change everything.


I want a country where animal abuse is equaled to a high profile crime.


I want legislation that bans breeding mills


I want a country that never allows any circus show to step foot in our land


I want products made via animal testing(torture) to be taken off the shelves once and for all.

I hope in the next general election GE14, the manifestos will not solely be monetary teasers. We animal lovers want all our siblings with fur, scales, feathers and skin to be treated with respect.


I’m also inclined to draw comparison between how we choose to invest our faith and loyalty to our leaders and how our furry friends choose theirs. First and foremost, I know for sure that I love my furkids and they love me equally or more in return, as their master and leader. Losing them will be a great sorrow for me and I know that every single one of them is irreplaceable. When I’m not around, I know they feel the same. We’re depending on each other and it’s a beautiful relationship of trust and loyalty.


But let's ask..Have we loved our leaders more than ourselves? Have we even loved our leaders more than our pets at least? How many of you have the photos of our leaders hung in your room? One day, will we ever mourn and grieve the death of our leaders? These are the leaders who hold the key for our general destiny.. Leaders who carve and chisel our future..Leaders who are the very reason how we’re living our lives the way it is… Why aren't we feeling close enough to them?



Well for me, the decisive factor in this relationship is, to respect and love everyone without discrimination. Something even our pets can do effortlessly. I believe if our would-be leaders can show us just this, our loyalty is all yours, fix-deposit in your bank. For now, whichever new government that comes in, we look forward to improve the standards of animal rights in the country. Something that has been improving with the ever growing awareness. Thanks to the social media and highly dedicated animal activists. I hope in years to come, we can finally see animal rights being inducted into the election manifesto.


...And one day I wish to proudly wear our iconic leader like this. Emblazoned on T-shirts and decorated on my wall. For his contribution and selfless work not only to mankind but to all the voiceless souls. One day....

As for now, get ready to be 'adopted' again..

2 comments:

  1. thanks 4 making me cry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing collection. really its mind blowing pics. First time i visited to ur site bro ..and its too good.. Regards

    irctc pnr status

    ReplyDelete