Pop Up

Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below...

Powered By EXEIdeas

Sunday, 25 November 2012

The Real King Of Fruits! Part 1

:
:
:
:




Ok let me explain. I know you're feeling quite like 'the koala' above right now. But this wasn't my idea.This was truly initiated by her majesty, Chila herself. It's been few weeks now that I couldn't find that rubber ball for her. It's easy to just get any toy from the petshop. But it will never last for more than 5minutes. The only one brand that will make it for sometime is Kong. Unfortunately they were out of stock. Chila has an incredible high ball/toy drive. If you're holding a ball in front of her, that's it! You're friends forever with her. There goes the security password to rob my house.

So yeah. As I was waiting for the specific brand to be restocked, she was growing restless. She needs to play everyday and it's just too depressing for her to be without a toy. Most of the time when this happens, she'll be in sulky mood and emo. No ball play = PMS.


Although Chila is over 8 years old now, she's the most hyperactive dog I've ever had and still behaves like a puppy. Curious, athletic and highly motivated. So when I was walking her at the playground that night, she picked up a coconut on the field and happily brought it back home (Obviously she had a master plan). The next day itself she started begging me to throw the coconut and play fetch. 


Since I still need to wait for some time to replace her rubber ball, I thought she might as well play fetch with the coconut. And guess what, she instantly fell in love with it!!

It also seemed like an economical improvisation for me. The Kong rubber ball is probably the most durable toy I've ever bought. And consequently, it doesn't come cheap. Depending on the size, the prize for each toy can range from RM50 to RM80. Usually it could last for a long time. But Chila will destroy it in about a month maximum. Going by this, using coconut as her fetching toy wouldn't hurt my wallet. 


After two days of fetching-game, Chila became very comfortable with the coconut. What I noticed was her relationship with the fruit was much 'real' compared to the many rubber balls she had before. Maybe she didn't like the smell of the rubber ball. Or maybe because the coconut is a new thing for her. (I don't know, just guessing.) But there's definitely more interaction with the coconut. Sometimes she'll drag the fruit with her legs and roll over it. Throwing the coconut in the air and jumping left and right when it drops is also a new gymrama routine she's doing now. Not bad!

Day after day, she became more obsessed. She'll never leave the house without her coconut. She'll carry it no matter where she goes and will usually refuse to let go when I want to take it from her. Even when she's peeing. *slap forehead*


- For the first time, pissing can cause insecurity. Thanks to a coconut! -


I also realized that, it became harder and harder to separate them , regardless of whatever she's doing.



Well, I shall wait and see how this new found dog obsession develops.At the moment, I know that I might make some savings from not buying a new rubber ball every month. More importantly, I could use that money to buy extra food to feed the strays instead. And with that, it's about time for coconut to take the place as the new King of Fruits in my dictionary.

6 comments:

  1. hahahaha so funny la this boy. Where did you find him petster?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siew Khoon, I'm not a boy. Quite an old man actually :)

      Delete
  2. i bought frisbee for Jojo....hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frisbee hancur in 5 minutes bro..huhuhu..
      Jojo smart la, doesn't make his Papa poor. :)

      Delete
  3. Hahaha. I think its quite hard to find a small coconut to replace it.. Just perfect round coconut that she have it now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the trees near my house produce small sized fruits. coincidentally they fit her jaws. :) haha

      Delete